Luz Towns-Miranda, mother of Hamilton creator and star Lin-Manuel Miranda, recently joined the board of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund.
“I grew up at a time when a young, single woman had no access to oral contraceptives, and our worst fear was an unexpected pregnancy,” she wrote in an essay published in Vogue. “Planned Parenthood was then, and is now, a beacon of hope.”
As is abundantly clear in the interactive Muckety map above, the action fund, Planned Parenthood’s advocacy arm, is also a training ground and a power hub for Democrats. Directors have run and raised money for national races and served under Democratic presidents.
Click here to sign up for the Muckety Newsletter
- Muck tracker - Komen VP resigns after Planned Parenthood controversy - February 7, 2012
- A glimpse of the Democratic funding network - June 24, 2014
- The many Republican connections of Nancy Brinker - February 5, 2012
- Newlywed Donald Sussman steps up his political contributions - July 2, 2011
- J Street’s many ties to the Obama White House - July 28, 2014
- Remembering Ann Richards - April 9, 2011
- CAP & the Obama White House - March 12, 2014
- Jane Stetson may continue bundler-ambassador tradition - July 3, 2013
- The big money behind the 12-12-12 concert - December 13, 2012
- Rothschild continues to pitch Hillary Clinton as ‘beacon of hope’ - July 10, 2008