Veteran administrator Elaine Chao is Donald Trump’s choice for transportation secretary.
Chao, who is married to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, previously served as labor secretary under President George W. Bush and deputy secretary of transportation under President George H.W. Bush.
As we’ve noted before, she also has broad experience in the corporate world, having sat on the boards of such companies as Dole Food, Protective Life and Wells Fargo.
Click here to sign up for the Muckety Newsletter
- In a typical cabinet, Elaine Chao would be one of the richest - January 12, 2017
- Elaine Chao, the wage earner in Mitch McConnell’s household - September 14, 2012
- Ayotte joins News Corp. board - April 3, 2017
- Fast-food exec tapped as secretary of labor - December 8, 2016
- Wasserstein’s untimely death has many repercussions - October 16, 2009
- The conservative think tanks surrounding the Trump camp - December 15, 2016
- Trump law firm best in Moscow - January 11, 2017
- Wells Fargo to buy Wachovia for $15.1 billion - October 3, 2008
- Dole finessed Taiwan call to Trump - December 7, 2016
- Zinke chosen for Interior - December 16, 2016