Katharine Weymouth is being replaced as publisher of the Washington Post, ending eight decades of leadership by the Graham family.
Weymouth is the niece of former publisher Donald Graham and granddaughter of the late publisher Katharine Graham.
Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, who bought the newspaper last year, kept the old guard in place until choosing Frederick J. Ryan Jr. to take over as publisher.
Ryan is the former president of Politico and Allbritton Communications. A trustee of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation, Ryan was a pallbearer at President Reagan’s funeral.
Click here to sign up for the Muckety Newsletter
- A Talking Heads link to Washington Post publisher - February 10, 2008
- Muck tracker - Washington post cancels ’salon’ - July 4, 2009
- From trading stamps to philanthropy - August 23, 2013
- Buffett-Gates friendship too big to fail - February 19, 2010
- Another Reagan in California’s future? - September 16, 2011
- Reagan’s son: Alzheimer’s was noticeable during presidency - January 14, 2011
- Jeff Bezos buying the Washington Post - August 5, 2013
- Harmans move up another notch in DC power structure - August 4, 2010
- Muck tracker - Washington Post selling access? - July 2, 2009
- Muckety mover - Henry Louis Gates Jr. - January 19, 2009