No offense to White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest, but the most colorful branches of his family tree are on his wife’s side.
Natalie Wyeth Earnest, whom he married in 2012, is assistant Treasury secretary and the granddaughter of Nathaniel C. Wyeth, inventor of the plastic soda bottle.
The Du Pont engineer, who died in 1990, used to describe himself as “the other Wyeth.”
“I’m in the same field as the artists - creativity - but theirs is a glamour one,” he once said.
His brother was Andrew Wyeth, painter of “Christina’s World.” Andrew Wyeth’s son, Jamie Wyeth, is also a well-known painter.
Click here to sign up for the Muckety Newsletter
- The Chafees, the Tafts and the family business - October 29, 2010
- Muck tracker - Jay Carney new press secretary - January 27, 2011
- In the upper branches of Paul Ryan’s family tree: Democrats - August 12, 2012
- Power brokers gather at male-only Burning Tree Club - August 23, 2011
- Six degrees of Kyra Sedgwick - July 4, 2010
- Bruce Dern’s illustrious family tree - December 29, 2013
- The well-connected Bennet family - April 14, 2016
- Richard Mellon Scaife dies - July 4, 2014
- Obama library already a family effort - December 17, 2013
- Sony Pictures chair has many ties to Obama - December 22, 2014