The Jones-Lipton family is reuniting for Steve Carell’s comedy series, “Angie Tribeca,” which was just picked up by TBS.
Rashida Jones will star in the title role. Her parents, Quincy Jones and Peggy Lipton, play her folks in the show. The two divorced in real life in 1990.
Rashida is well-known for her appearances in “Parks and Recreation,” “The Office” and “I Love You, Man.”
Quincy Jones, of course, is the fabulously successful musician and record producer. Lipton starred in the 1960s-70s TV show, “The Mod Squad.”
Their other daughter, Kidada, is an actress and fashion designer.
Click here to sign up for the Muckety Newsletter
- Muckety this! Tupac to Barack Obama solution - June 23, 2009
- Obama speechwriter among administration’s top earners - July 6, 2009
- 50 gay opinion makers & power wielders - October 20, 2009
- Muckety this! Jennifer Hudson to Sylvester Stallone solution - January 8, 2009
- Talia Balsam’s leading men - August 12, 2010
- Mark Ronson - ‘the best-connected man in music’ - October 27, 2010
- Internet musical protests outcome of Prop 8 - December 4, 2008
- Elizabeth Taylor dies - March 23, 2011
- Project Runway taps youngest designer - March 6, 2008
- Endless scandals fuel new ABC series - May 18, 2011