Seven more wealthy individuals, including Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg and Kinko’s founder Paul Orfalea, have joined the Giving Pledge.
The program, begun by billionaires Warren Buffett and Bill Gates, encourages the rich to commit at least half of their fortunes to philanthropic causes. It has attracted 127 signatories from 12 countries.
To see other participants, click on the “earlier signers” box in the interactive Muckety map above.
Click here to sign up for the Muckety Newsletter
- Mark Zuckerberg joins the philanthropists’ network - December 9, 2010
- How tightknit is the NBA billionaires club? - April 30, 2014
- Disney strengthens social network ties - December 26, 2013
- Muckety-mucks gather at Davos - January 23, 2014
- Is Warren Buffett eying Costco? - December 22, 2012
- Big coal and the federal leasing program - July 9, 2014
- Muck tracker - wealthy philanthropists meet secretly - May 20, 2009
- Patty Stonesifer stepping down at Gates Foundation - February 7, 2008
- Buffett-Gates friendship too big to fail - February 19, 2010
- Muck tracker - Facebook COO nominated to Disney board - December 23, 2009