Kenneth Lerer and son Ben Lerer have so many internet holdings that New York Magazine calls them “our congenial web overlords.”
By Ben Lerer’s count, they have a stake in 185 companies. The interactive Muckety map below shows some of the major investments they’ve made individually, or through their fund, Lerer Ventures.
The elder Lerer co-founded Huffington Post with Arianna Huffington. He now chairs BuzzFeed, an investment.
Ben Lerer is a co-founder of Thrillist, a men’s lifestyle media company.
Click here to sign up for the Muckety Newsletter
- Donors to Democratic senators: Support background checks or no more $$ - March 28, 2013
- Arianna Huffington: master networker - February 8, 2011
- Zagat’s considers selling - January 14, 2008
- The ripple effect of PayPal - February 17, 2012
- Russian billionaire buys stake in 23andMe - December 13, 2012
- Muck tracker - Rupert Murdoch plans six-figure birthday celebration for wife - December 3, 2008
- eBay founder Pierre Omidyar will increase grants and investments - October 22, 2008
- Keller (finally) lashes out at Huffington - March 11, 2011
- Pandora prepares for IPO - February 12, 2011
- Twitter acquires search engine Summize - July 16, 2008