John Podesta, former chief of staff to President Bill Clinton, is joining the Obama administration as a special counselor.
He’ll work with Obama’s chief of staff, Denis McDonough, on health care implementation, the New York Times reports.
Podesta chairs the Center for American Progress, a liberal think tank.
His brother, Anthony Podesta, is a prominent D.C. lobbyist who heads the Podesta Group.
Click here to sign up for the Muckety Newsletter
- White House has lost political narrative, Podesta says - February 16, 2010
- Major intersection: CAP funders and Podesta clients - December 18, 2013
- CAP & the Obama White House - March 12, 2014
- John Podesta starts new think tank - November 6, 2013
- CAP continues close alliance with Obama administration - February 9, 2013
- John Podesta, others on Obama transition, have business, lobby ties - November 10, 2008
- Muckety mover - Podesta in the limelight - August 5, 2009
- John Podesta and Cassandra Q. Butts oversee Obama’s transition - October 21, 2008
- Lobbyists bundle for Democrats - December 24, 2011
- How the Clinton campaign is shaping up - April 13, 2015