As we noted yesterday in a post about Republican fundraisers, lobbyists who round up donors for political campaigns are the only bundlers required to report their activities.
Here’s a map of lobbyists who raise money for the two major Democratic PACs - the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee.
Prime on the list are former U.S. Rep. Dick Gephardt, who heads Gephardt Group, and the Podestas. Heather Podesta of Heather Podesta + Partners raises money for both PACs, as does her husband, Anthony Podesta of Podesta Group.
He’s the brother of John Podesta, former chief of staff to Bill Clinton and co-chairman of the 2008 Obama-Biden transition team.
Click here to sign up for the Muckety Newsletter
- Podesta to counsel White House - December 10, 2013
- John Podesta, others on Obama transition, have business, lobby ties - November 10, 2008
- Muckety mover - Podesta in the limelight - August 5, 2009
- Major intersection: CAP funders and Podesta clients - December 18, 2013
- Lobbyists raise money for the Republican Party - December 23, 2011
- Lobbyists and trade groups visit the White House - November 2, 2009
- Egypt has a well-paid presence in Washington - January 30, 2011
- White House has lost political narrative, Podesta says - February 16, 2010
- The ill-conceived foreign money argument - October 28, 2010
- John Podesta and Cassandra Q. Butts oversee Obama’s transition - October 21, 2008