It’s a rare startup that can attract the high-powered board that Square has assembled.
Analyst Mary Meeker has joined the board after her venture firm, Kleiner Perkins, led a $100 million investment round that put the company’s value above $1 billion.
Among Meeker’s fellow board members: former Treasury Secretary Larry Summers, Sun Microsystems co-founder Vinod Khosla and former PayPal execs Roelof Botha and Keith Rabois.
Square was founded by Twitter Chairman Jack Dorsey. The company launched to the public just eight months ago.
Click here to sign up for the Muckety Newsletter
- Larry Summers wants to be a geek - July 1, 2011
- Disney strengthens social network ties - December 26, 2013
- The ripple effect of PayPal - February 17, 2012
- Twitter stakeholders brace for IPO - October 4, 2013
- Zynga plans IPO - June 29, 2011
- Larry Summers: At heart, a Wall Street guy - September 17, 2013
- Al Gore takes job at Kleiner Perkins - November 12, 2007
- Twitter acquires search engine Summize - July 16, 2008
- Icahn says eBay directors have conflicts of interest - February 24, 2014
- Netflix CEO joins Facebook board - June 23, 2011