Congresswoman Chellie Pingree of Maine married billionaire hedge funder Donald Sussman Saturday.
Pingree, 56, was elected to Congress in 2008, after serving as majority leader of the Maine Senate.
She ran unsuccessfully for the U.S. Senate in 2002, and also served as president and CEO of Common Cause.
Sussman, founder of Paloma Funds, is a big political contributor, including to the campaigns of his wife.
Sussman was previously married to Laurie Tisch, a member of the family that owns the New York Giants. Tisch’s father, Preston Tisch, was U.S. postmaster general and chairman of Loews Corporation.
Click here to sign up for the Muckety Newsletter
- Newlywed Donald Sussman steps up his political contributions - July 2, 2011
- Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, others shot in Tucson - January 8, 2011
- Merryl Tisch brings myriad ties to NYS education post - April 8, 2009
- Congressman-elect Joe Kennedy marries - December 3, 2012
- The Houghton-Weinberg web - October 7, 2010
- Olympia Snow finds a place in the corporate world - December 4, 2014
- Muck tracker - Roger Federer marries Miroslava Vavrinec - April 13, 2009
- The Chafees, the Tafts and the family business - October 29, 2010
- Love, marriage and politics on Capitol Hill - September 2, 2009
- Just another connection between art and money - January 8, 2012