Mitt Romney is moving quickly to tie up big-money supporters who can attract more big-money supporters to his presidential campaign.
Chris Cillizza reports today in the Washington Post that the campaign has brought in 18 heavity-hitters.
Among them: Wayne Berman, a lobbyist who was John McCain’s national finance co-chair in 2008; New York Yankees president Randy Levine and New York Jets owner Woody Johnson.
As our map above shows, early supporters are coming not only from the McCain camp, but from the 2004 Bush campaign and the Republican Jewish Coalition. (Click on any actors in the map, go to map tools and choose “expand” to see their other affiliations.)
Click here to sign up for the Muckety Newsletter
- Multi-million-dollar donor Robert Wood Johnson gets GOP love - September 5, 2008
- McCain’s campaign for change is fueled by same old money machine - September 5, 2008
- Lobbyists: The only Romney bundlers we can be sure of - June 14, 2012
- HomepageMap code goes here (copy+paste from the ‘put this map on your blog’ link under any map) - Centerpiece - April 9, 2008
- More info Romney doesn’t want you to have: bundler names - October 13, 2012
- Clinton Foundation donors are now Clinton campaign bundlers - August 22, 2016
- Help - August 11, 2013
- Muckety help topics - activating and rearranging maps - November 14, 2007
- Meg Whitman’s ‘outside’ investment pays off - July 12, 2010
- Muckety help topics - July 4, 2008