A voter turnout group backed by George Soros has been fined by the Federal Election Commission for improper fundraising in the 2004 election.
The now-inactive organization called America Coming Together agreed to pay a $775,000 penalty. According to the FEC announcement, the group failed to properly report expenditures to candidates and failed to meet federal guidelines for administrative expenses.
America Coming Together conducted a major get-out-the-vote campaign in 2004, in an effort to help elect John Kerry.
On the web
Click here to sign up for the Muckety Newsletter
- Donald McGahn plays lead at FEC and in DC rock band - October 30, 2008
- Latest minority group dissed by GOP: Veterans - December 5, 2012
- Muckety mover - FEC declines to fine violator - December 30, 2008
- Kerry finally sinks the Swift Boaters - January 30, 2013
- Ickes helps the Clintons through a new crisis - February 11, 2008
- Is Soros jumping back in the political game? - May 8, 2012
- Ickes’ databank focuses on Democratic supporters - April 13, 2008
- Muckety movers - George Soros - November 23, 2008
- Democrats dogged by Richardson investigations - December 9, 2011
- A glimpse of the Democratic funding network - June 24, 2014